Author Topic: Rousen Time - Three Way War (Private)  (Read 12531 times)

Offline Kalashina Manahsyane

• Insane Story Writer
  • Administrator
  • Get Set!
  • Ryu of the Wilds
    • View Profile
    • Dyhokan Emporium
Re: Rousen Time - Three Way War (Private)
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2010, 12:56:47 PM »
Shippo

Kyoto soon finished cleaning the dishes and then made a different lunch for Yume who should be up after resting. She took a bit of extra time since she needs a slightly different diet for a couple days when Yume's ears bleed. Afterwards, she took it to Yume's room, while Yume was sitting up looking out the window, "Stormy, isn't it?" Kyoto noted.

"Seems that way, but didn't you say..." Yume said, a little quietly, but didn't finish her sentence.

"I did, but I'm starting to believe something is unnatural." Kyoto said, placing the food on the nightstand next to the bed. "Here's a bit of lunch for you, make sure to eat as much as you can." She said to Yume.

"I know..." Yume annoyingly said.

Kalshion

Sahari stared at the storm; lightning fired out and into the ground just a few miles away. "Are the barns and storage sheds secure?" she asked her friend who nodded in return.

She headed into the house and then told her employees they may leave; most of which did but some decided to stay a few more hours to finish up some work.

Kanami grumbled as the dream of Satashi came back to her; she began to mumble words such as 'no' and 'don't do it' and 'please'

Shippo

Kyoto left Yume's room to sit next to Akari on the couch, "Anything else you'd like to tell me?" she asked her.

Akari only shook her head, as she didn't want to say anything much further for now. "I'm better.. for now..." She let out a few minutes later.

"I'll be here if you need anything." Kyoto said, then got up to walk into the kitchen.

Akane followed in while she has a moment alone with Kyoto, "I thought.. I'd explain now about why I'm here..." she finally said, since she didn't want anyone else to know.

Kyoto was cleaning the counters, but could listen as well, "Go on, I'm listening." And with that, Akane explains everything from the point of being chased up until now.

Kalshion

Kanami continue to rustle on the cot, her dream getting more and more intense.

Violeta was half way out the city when the storm finally arrived just half a mile away. The winds wiped up the fine dirt on the ground and spiraled it through the air, but not in the form of a wind funnel. "This'll be an electrical storm," she said and scanned the area for shelter and soon sighted upon a guard shake. "Guess I'll take cover for the time being," she stated.

Shippo

Kyoto and Akane end up talking for around 15 minutes total about what's going on with her, "Hm, not uncommon, but it does make me wonder..." Kyoto pondered over the thought for a while. "I imagine I may have to go out soon, so will you be fine here?" Kyoto then asked.

"Yeah. I use fire to enhance my physical abilities, since it's not all that strong wrong right now." Akane said to her, sitting down on the chair at the table.

Yume later finishes her lunch. She ate rather slowly since she was staring out the window; plus she doesn't like storms at all. She hoped that it would go away soon, but it doesn't seem it's going to let up anytime soon.

Kalshion

"No... no... no..." Kanami continued to mumble as she rustled more on her cot. "Stop... please... don't...."

On the hill overlooking the farm, a man riding on a horse kept an eye on the storm. Behind him he spied four mages who were hard at work creating the storm that was above them. He watched the storm as it spread out in all directions, the lightning only getting worse as the minutes ticked by. "Keep going," the man said and turned back to the farm. "After nightfall, you can start up the tornado and lay waste to the area," he smiled.

His horse, however, wasn't very stable as it moved around in a startled like state. "What's wrong girl?" he said as he patted the side of her head. He then looked up and searched the area. "Somethings out there thats spooking the horse..." he said and kept a vigil eye.

Shippo

"Alright, please stay here, I will trust you with the girls here." Kyoto said, as she finishes up the cleaning. "Try and get Akari to Yume's room." She said afterwards.

"Yeah, I guess." Akane acknowledge. Waiting for now.

About another 5 minutes later, Kyoto ends up finishing the cleaning and heads to the door, "Just tell everyone I'm out." she calls out to Akane and then leaves for an undetermined time.

"By myself, sorta. Oh well, lot better than being out there." Akane pointed out to herself, then walked to the living room to sit next to Akari. "Um, mind if I ask what you are?" Curious to know about her odd colorations.

Akari shook her head for now, "I'll tell... later maybe, but not now..." she whispered.

Kalshion

Rain started to fall; running down the roofs and onto the ground. Inside, Kanami continued to have her bad dream. She kept mumbling to herself and gripping her bed sheets until finally something snapped. Her hands lit up with such a blue intensity that several icicles fired out of her sheets and toward Yume, while most missed, one didn't and slashed across her face.

She shot up, her face full of prespiration. She breathed quickly as if scared out of her mind. Unknown to her, water from her accidential attack that hadn't frozen, was pooled around her waist and damping her clothing, but also seeping through the cot and onto the ground.

Violeta had was sitting on the chair when her ears perked up and her senses engaged, she quickly snapped her head in the direction of Kyoto's house. "Odd... could've sworn I felt.. something..." she said.

Shippo

The one icicle that cut Yume went across her lower left cheek. She quickly felt it and put her hand over it to not let too much blood come out. She turned her head a bit to stare at Kanami, a bit surprised at what happened. "Um, are you.. ok?" She asked.

Akane, feeling a small disturbance in the air, decided to get up and walk to Yume's room. She pokes her head in, "Uh..... what's going..... on.." she wondered, but doesn't know if she wants to hear the answer.

"Oh, this happened before I think..." Yume noted, then slowly got off her bed to get to Kanami's level. "Alright, what's wrong now?" She asked lightly.

Kalshion

Kanami kept on breathing until she turned to Yume. "D...dream.... S...Satashi...." she whimpered as tears began to flow from her eyes. She lowered her head before her eyes noticed her damp clothing.

She stared at it before her mind clicked and made her think of something completely different from what really happened. "I.... er... I had.... er..." she tried to say but shook her head and continued to cry.

Shippo

Yume patted on Kanami's head a couple times, "You want to take a bath?" she asks, to see if it may help.

"Mmm, ok, I'll just wait in the living room." Akane said leisurely, then did as she said and walked back to the living room to sit on the couch. Odd place, but it is better than nothing, especially from those wolves... She thought to herself, shivering from the thought of the wolves.

Kalshion

"Pleaseeeeee..." Kanami said in a small pleading manner with her head held low.

Shippo

Yume grabs onto her hand and brings her up, "Then come on, no need to be shy." She takes Kanami to the bathroom to start the bath.

Offline Kalashina Manahsyane

• Insane Story Writer
  • Administrator
  • Kawaii
  • Ryu of the Wilds
    • View Profile
    • Dyhokan Emporium
Re: Rousen Time - Three Way War (Private)
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2010, 12:57:21 PM »
Kalshion

Several hours soon pass, day turns into night as the rain continues to fall. Lightning crisscrosses the sky, hitting the ground in various spots.

In the forest, several red eyes moved from tree to tree, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

That moment came when a bolt of lightning crossed the sky and impacted a tree, splintering it into pieces and casting a ghostly red glow across the ground for many feet.

When the area darkened, movement could barely be seen from the forest as two legged and four legged things came running out. Small animals caught in their path were trampled while others scattered into various directions.

In her home, Sahari was sound asleep enjoying a dream, but the sound of a window shattering awoke her instantly as she sprang up and dragged the sword that was laying up against the wall. Several of her employees that had stayed behind had also been aroused by the noise.

"What was that?" one asked as he hefted a large mace.

"No clue, but it's downstairs," another one, this one wielding a sword and shield.

The crashing got louder, as book cases were thrown to the ground and more windows were shattered. Finally, something appeared at the foot of the stairs and turned up toward them. It's ghostly red eyes locking onto to them.

"W-what.. is.. that..." the one with the mace said as fear gripped him.

Violeta was very cold; freezing even. "This is the problem with having a light fur coat," she grumbled as she took her own cloak and placed it over her body for warmth.

Shippo

Akari had made her way to Yume's room since she has a fright towards lightning. Yume, though... she had some sort of ear muffs to protect her ears from some of the cracks of thunder.

Akane had pulled on one side of the muffs lightly to ask a question, "Why do you have these?"

Yume turned her head and lowered the other side, "My ears are sensitive to sound," she began, rubbing one of her ears, "so I have to wear these during storms."

"Odd, your the first I've heard with that." Akane mentioned, seeming like she knew of others who have some sort of sensitivity, "I've heard of sight and taste, but not hearing."

Yume shrugs and puts the muffs back on, then lays down on the bed. "Mom.. come home soon..." She let out, sounding very worried.

Kyoto had been out all day, and it doesn't appear she will be returning home for the night. The storm had caught her by surprise and was in the forest when it really got heavy. She found an area under a tree that wasn't letting rain through, curling up to herself since she was deathly cold. "I.. c-can't... be-believe... this..." She stuttered, shivering as well.

Kalshion

Sahari raised her sword and sliced at the figure in front of her. The attack cleaved the body in half but strangely it dissolved into ash that floated in the air. "Huh?" she said as she watched the ash swiraling in the air.

"Outside!" Sahari heard someone shout, getting her mind off what she saw. She turned toward a broken window and saw hundred, if not more, of those things heading toward her farm.

"Great," Sahari said and slammed her sword into the floor boards. She clamped her hands together and made a series of fast motions that caused her sword to take on a firey aura. She quickly pulled it out of the boards, which strangely showed no signs of burning despite the sword being on fire.

Her door just seconds later was blown off it's hinges, half of it splintered apart and hit one of her employees in the chest - causing a deep gash. The employee staggered against the wall and slid down it as another attempted to heal the wound. Sahari herself raised her sword and made a motion that sent several of those things flying out of her door - and her roof - to which she grumbled at.

She breathed heavily as she stood there. "It's no good ma'am," she heard her fellow employee say. "I'm afraid the wound was to deep," she sighed before standing up. "What... are those things?" she asked.

"I heard rumors and only read them in books; but they look eerily like zombies..." stated Sahari as she pulled another sword out of thin air and raised it.

Kanami wasn't wearing the same clothing she had been, but rather a dry pair of pajamas. She slept peacefully beside Yume since her cot was still damp, she mumbled a few small things but for the most part, appeared to be having a pleasant dream.

Shippo

Yume just laid there on the bed for now; she couldn't sleep due to the fact the lightning bothers her when she sees it.

Akari and Akane pondered on where to sleep, "So where can we sleep?" asked Akane.

"You can borrow my mother's room I guess, at least there it should be fine." Yume answered, staring at the ceiling.

The two girls walk to Kyoto's room and look around before sitting on the bed. "Tonight may be rough..." Akane said lightly.

"Yeah..." Akari followed, seemingly shaky of the weather right now.

"Is something wrong?" Akane was concerned about her, feeling her head for anything.

"Um, no... just that, the weather... messes with me..." Akari quietly answered.

Akane could only shrug, as she didn't know much of what she can do. She laid down on the bed for a bit to think of what her fellow students are doing right now.

Kalshion

Sahari ducked as one of the zombies swung at her, she then brought her sword up and parried another attack before plunging her sword into the zombies chest - causing it to be reduced to ashes. "These zombies... there.... kitsune," she said panting.

She grumbled though as she looked at two of her employees, both of which had been the first two attacked and where killed instantly. She had closed their eyes before going on the offensive.

Now she found herself and her two remaining employees pushed out into the ran. The growling, howling, and grumbling sounds. A chill went down Sahari's back as she watched the zombies surround them, but it was what her ears were picking up on that was chilling her blood.

The sound of metal being beat on made her turn toward one of the secured sheds. The doors had been torn open and zombies had poured into them. "Oh no..." she said as she brought her sword up. "We need to stop them!" she shouted as she began to swing her sword at the zombies in an effort to cut a path.

Shippo

Soon after the zombies had broken through the shed, a flaming wall of fire hurtles towards a partial group of the zombies to wipe a portion of them out. The actual person who initiated the wall remained hidden within the trees, not to reveal themselves.

"Seems like my help is needed." Called out a voice, sounding like a female from the distance.

Kalshion

Sahari blinked when she saw the group get blasted away, she was slightly confused, but then passed it on as one of her own doing something. "Almost.. al---" she said before her ears picked up a high pitch sound coming from the barn. "Back! BACK!" she shouted, skidding to a halt and turning one hundred and eighty degrees.

They ran away from the shed as the pitch got louder and louder.

Inside, several tanks were being beat on by zombies who were putting dents into what was supposed to be reinforced metal. Each banging resulted in the sound getting louder and louder, particles of various colors were thrown out of small fissures that were forming until the case's could no longer take the punishment.

A massive explosion erupted out of the barn, lighting up the sky and everything for miles around, and incenerating the barn and everything within a hundred feet. A blast wave of pure magic rushed out of the explosion and slammed into Sahari and her friends, throwing them harshly onto the ground and knocking them out cold.

The zombies that had been massed were instantly vaporized in the explosion, all except one that managed to melt away into the forest.

A plum of ionized gas rose into the air, visible all around, the gas was an odd assortment of red, blue, and orange and rose into the air for several miles.

Multiple smaller explosion cascaded through the farm; as other tanks of several gas located in other barns detonated under the intense heat, only adding to the already present fires and toxic fumes that permiated the grounds.

Kanami had been scared out of her dream when the first explosion occured, she sat up and instantly covered her ears in pain.

Shippo

Before the blast occurred, the mysterious person had already fled to escape the brunt force of the shockwave that would later come from the initial explosion. Once the person was on the ground, the hood from the cloak got blown off to reveal that it was indeed Aeris that came to help, "I was a bit too late, careless of me..." she scoffed. She got onto the ground to avoid the upcoming blast.

Kyoto wasn't too near the farm itself, but close enough that, when the explosion occurs, it would hurt her own ears as it would for many others. She quickly covered her ears to try and shield out most of the sound as much as she could. Luckily, the tree she was leaning on shielded her for some of the shockwave so she doesn't endure any sort of pain. What.. the hell... was that... She thought to herself, wondering what could be going on.

Unfortunately for Yume, her ear muffs couldn't shield out most of the sound, and once it passed by, she bolted to sit up and immediately took off the ear muffs and screamed out in pain as she covered her ears. The pain was much, much worse than before, causing more blood to flow down.

Akane and Akari were somewhat lucky. Akari had somehow made a weak, yet effective barrier of wind and ice to drown out the sound enough to take off half of it's force. Though they did have to shield their ears, it wasn't terribly bad for them. The moment the barrier disappears, for only lasting a few short seconds, Akari had fainted, not knowing what she actually did.

Akane was quite surprised as to what Akari could do. She rubbed her own ears to help soothe the little pain she had and pulled Akari so her head would be on a pillow. "That was odd, but... worthwhile." She said calmly, then got up to go to Yume's room to figure out what's going on with her.

Kalshion

Violeta had moved, the moment she saw the bright flash in the distance she had fled the safety of her shelter and ran toward it. Though faint, she could smell blood in the air coming from the direction of what was now occuring.

She had made herself flat against the ground, but felt it in her bones as the shockwave raced across the ground and into the distance. She heard screams of surprise from a nearby village, but ignored them as she continued toward the farm. When she arrived, she found Sahari and several Kitsune passed out on the ground.

"Damn," she cursed and knelt down. She ws happy that they all had a pulse, but the nearby whisling sound got her attention as she carefully carried everyone and placed them in a single location before bringing up a barrier.

Another explosion, this one roughly half the size of the first and also only half as loud, occured. A plum of red smoke rose into the air accompanied soon after by another shockwave that polverized the remaining buildings in the area.

Her barrier tingled with energy as the explosion interacted with it; she grunted from the pain as some peices of the shockwave breached the barrier and cut across her skin.

When the shockwave subsided and only mini-explosions remained from the tiny amounts of canisters that littered the area, which popped when they reached a certain tempreture, Violeta was able to rest but as she did so her tongue picked up on an odd taste in the air that instantly made her gag.

She instantly placed a hand on her throat while using the other to stay upright. "T... toxic fumes..." she managed to say as she brought her staff closer to her and chanted a spell. Seconds later she, along with Sahari and the others, were teleported out of the farm and a good distance away near the shelter that Violeta had been in. In the distance, Violeta spotted several violent explosions taking place due to her teleport spell interacting with the toxic cloud.

"Man.. what.. the hell were they storing there...." she coughed in an attempt to clear her throat.

Kanami had been holding her ears still but the secondary explosion was enough to cause her to pass out. She fell limp onto the bed on Yume's lap as small droplets of blood dripped onto her cheek.

From his safe house, the elder watched the raging fires. "Alert the other elders! Get teams out there to clear those fires!" he ordered and his guards took off.

If anyone was paying a close enough attention; they might've noticed a small grin appear on his face.

Shippo

"Yume, what's wrong?" Akane asked again, trying to figure out what's going on.

Yume shook her head, as she could barely hear Akane's voice at all. The first explosion was enough to make her partially deaf in her ears. She tried to point to her ears to try and convey are sort of message to Akane, but it didn't seem like she got the message.

After a few moments of trying to figure out what's going on, Yume pushed Kanami off of her lap and got up to head into the bathroom. She proceeded to clean herself off again, but going to have a bit more difficulty due to most of the blood that doesn't appear to want to stop.

Akane went over to the bed to look at Kanami, then put one hand into one of her pockets to get a cloth out and began to wipe the blood off of Kanami's face. "This will be troublesome. Akari who fainted, Yume whose ears are bleeding, and now another girl who fainted." She sighed, "Am I the only one who can tolerate this stuff?" she asked to no one, apparently talking to herself.

After the initial explosions, Kyoto slowly stood up to look around, rubbing her ears to ease the pain that she was having. Looking around, she saw nothing and then began to worry about Yume.

With the storm over for now, Kyoto also happened to notice how suddenly the skies cleared out from where she was, despite the smoke in the distance. Then she decides to make a run for it to get back home. She was certain that the girls were worrying about her, and the fact she wants to get home quickly before she has a possibility of getting sick out here.

As wtih Kyoto, Aeris had also stood up from being on the ground for a bit to lessen the brunt of the shockwave on her. She looked around for a few minutes before walking towards the farm. Just like Violeta, she ended up covering her nose with her cloak to shield from the fumes that was emanating from the area. She did a small investigation to see if she can see anything out of place, but nothing seemed to have stood out in front of her. Except, for one simple fact: the weather.

She decided it'd be best to leave the place without doing anything, then ran off to get a safe distance away before removing her cloak from her nose. "I don't believe this area gets this much rain as it does..." She concluded, "But if that's the case, then who, or what, is causing these unnatural patterns." For the time being, she kept this information to herself and disappeared into the darkness, not to be seen for now.

Kalshion

Violeta knelt there for several minutes whilst catching her breath; she looked to either side of her, the ones she rescued were still unconcious but thankfully out of harm. "This will take some days to clean up," she said before coughing up some blood. She looked at her and noticed the crimson color before flicking it away.

Kanami's eyes opened; small specks of blood present on the corners of her eyes. She had a hard time seeing out of her left eye, noticing that her vision was severely off.

"M... my eyes...." she commented as she placed her hands over them, closed, and reopend them but found her left to be blurry and her right to be even more blurry. "I.. c..can't very well..." she whimpered as she rubbed her eyes in an effort to clear them.

Shippo

Akane had stopped Kanami from rubbing her eyes too much, "Stop, it'll only make them worse." she said to her. "Now, what is exactly going on?" She asked, since she wanted to know if she could help.

End of Page 18 on YnH