Author Topic: New IRC Server  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Mifune Fuji

• Neko or Kitsune?
  • Photonic Moderator
  • Netanya, Warrior
  • Foxgirl Loving Maniac!
    • View Profile
    • ShadowHime
New IRC Server
« on: May 11, 2011, 03:11:05 PM »
Yeah, might as well make a new topic. I think I'll move the other or something, but I'll think of something.

Anyway, point is, thanks to Kalshion footing the bill (I was trying to avoid if possible, but certain someone here didn't like the idea, and I won't get the news I need for maybe another month or so), I've gotten an IRC server set up with a particular host that has all the necessary filters and such.

The channel will remain the same, only the server has changed. ShadowHime was a network I ran a few years ago with Noratetsu, but didn't see much traffic and I saw no point in paying for the server anymore. Now that I have a bit of reason to bring it back from the darkness of shadow, everything is running. Actually, it has been for about 3 days, and everything is pretty much configured fine. Neat thing about this is that I won't have to restart the server when I make changes since everything is modular and can be reloaded individually to reset something.

Before I blabber on too much, here's a bit of info y'all will need to know. ShadowHime.net is a site that's been around since I started the original server. I had kept my original configs but then a hard drive crash crushed that pretty hard... would of saved me a lot of trouble. Anyway, server updates will be posted over there, not here. Just keep that in mind for the time being.

/server irc.shadowhime.net
/server irc.shadowhime.net +6697
Chatzilla users who wish to use SSL may use /sslserver irc.shadowhime.net 6697
Channel: /join #insanity_refuge

SSL is enabled on the server on port 6697, so clients supporting it, such as X-Chat and mIRC, may use the second command if they wish to connect via that route for an encrypted connection. I'll update the other topic when I get a chance, but for now, this will have to do.

Offline Mifune Fuji

• Neko or Kitsune?
  • Photonic Moderator
  • Kisae, Priestess
  • Foxgirl Loving Maniac!
    • View Profile
    • ShadowHime
Re: New IRC Server
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 03:48:57 PM »
Mk, just a quick note for everyone. There will be two additional channels y'all can join, if you wish. Ok technically one, but anyway.. the first is called #general. At the time of this post, I still have to configure that channel a bit, so excuse anything that looks real plain. Y'all can use this channel to chat just about anything, network rules apply, the forum rules here have no effect there. Only in #Insanity_Refuge where forum rules will also apply in an IRC channel. #help is another channel, but please do read the topic for it. It is a channel specifically for the aid of users who need help with either how to use the services, or have questions about IRC in general. If you have no need to be in there, we do ask that you leave the channel with a /part #help command. But if you do have a question, don't hesitate to ask; you do not need to ask to ask a question either. (I can't begin to tell you how often I see those in other channels I'm in.)

That about does it. Most questions are answered on the website for ShadowHime, so look there first as a precaution if your question is already answered.