Author Topic: Legend of the Snow Fox Tribe  (Read 4276 times)

Offline Mifune Fuji

• Neko or Kitsune?
  • Photonic Moderator
  • Sciora, Lancer
  • Foxgirl Loving Maniac!
    • View Profile
    • ShadowHime
Legend of the Snow Fox Tribe
« on: November 28, 2009, 12:33:55 AM »
OMG?! AM I DOING SOMETHING FOR ONCE?!?!?!

I need to stop doing that. XD Ok, I finished off an anime called Otome Youkai Zakuro the day before I posted this, and that got my brain thinking again. Don't you just love anime that do that? So, now I've got a clearer idea on what I want to do with this story. And YAY I have a title. XD

This post is a re-post of whats over in the other topic aside from me moving one of 'em over here. If I can work it out correctly.. if not, I'll just make a new post, not a big deal. So, let's get part of this out of the way (and a little re-write here and there)

-------------------

Nothing has changed regarding descriptions and what not. So, here they are again:

Main part:

There is a village that time had forgotten, as the people here live in the feudal era of time. The village is one of the last known to be around of foxes, but not just any fox, but these are snow foxes. They are distant relatives of arctic foxes, yet their fur is much softer than any ordinary fox. Everyone in the village knows how to use their element precisely and with precision. Most of the females in this village will have pink fur, but not everyone does. Some of the males in the village have a dark blue fur instead.

One reason why this village is one of the last known to be around is for the fact that humans hunt the snow foxes, in any terrain imaginable, for their fur to sell off in the market. The people don't realize that when they hunt, they only find them as a fox, not in their true form. So they don't know that they're killing off a race of unique foxes who are just different compared to humans themselves, because these fox demons live in a world of their own much like a typical human civilization would.

The village itself follows a religion of it's own, in that it's unique to it's own kind. Most of the families here are very traditional, so hardly much wrong-doing can go on in this village. The village, like many others in the past (roughly a couple thousand years ago compared to now), has elders who look after everyone in the village. They are the ones who set the 'rules' of the village, what people can, and can't do. Most everyone follow these rules, and those who don't are typically banished from the village, as they can't afford having any misfits for a dieing race.

However, there is one family, of two, that live in this particular village. Her name, Momoruki (who was nicknamed by the people, Yuki), has been living in the village since she was born. She also has a younger sister, Shizuka, who she dearly takes care of with much of her pride. No one in this village even knows of Yuki's past, nor of her parents. This is mainly due to the fact that her parents were killed shortly after Shizuka was born because of hunters. This family lives in a mysterious way in that, Yuki doesn't remember much of her past as well, as she had locked her emotions inside of her for the protection of her sister.

Follow Yuki, as well as Shizuka, through their lives of mystery to find out who their parents were, what they were like, as well as why they were brought into the world. Many difficulties lie ahead of their paths, as both of the sisters will have to face demons and humans alike, just to find answers to questions that seem to have been long forgotten in the past. But, will they realize that the answers they seek, lie within themselves rather than someone else?

------------------------------
Village Rules:

There aren't many to list as the elders don't like to be strict, however they still want everyone to follow them. They aren't necessarily called 'rules' throughout the village, but usually referred as a social code throughout the area. The most common one that is mentioned is about crime. There are those who commit crime regardless if the snow foxes is a dieing race or not. Since it is quite the problem that theft is common, anyone committing a crime is banished from the village.

Another common code, directed only to mothers feeding their children, as all snow foxes are traditional, women are allowed to breast feed in public. There have been a few exceptions since no one under the age of 16 is allowed to breast feed in public, but there was an exception with Yuki due to hearing the tragedy that happened and Shizuka was too young to start on solid food. Yuki is one of the rare exceptions to the rule. Breaking this doesn't cause banishment, but only prevents marriage until their late 20's instead of the normal 16-18 range.

Speaking of marriage, most of everyone usually isn't allowed to marry until 16, but many of them marry at 18-20 instead. There have been a few people trying to marry below 16 years of age, and when they are caught, although banishment is indeed likely, but only in the extreme case that the person doesn't listen. For those who will listen, it's more than likely they will be taught a lesson by their parents, but if the elders do get involved, the punishment usually goes as far as being forbidden to marry at all.

-any more rules can be listed above this line, currently at a stuck here-

I have a text file for the bulk of things that I'll probably keep slightly more updated, but I'll do my best to keep it up-to-date here.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:01:29 PM by TwinShadow »

Offline Mifune Fuji

• Neko or Kitsune?
  • Photonic Moderator
  • Netanya, Warrior
  • Foxgirl Loving Maniac!
    • View Profile
    • ShadowHime
Re: Legend of the Snow Fox Tribe
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 07:58:43 PM »
Character info:

------------------------------
About the girls:

The information here is usually current, or what they will be like at some point in their lives. So, what may be true for one person may not be the same at the very same point in time it is referring to.

Momoruki: Yuki is a quiet girl and usually minding her own business. Ever since both parents were killed, she has had to take care of her sister since the age 14 years. She has not once ever broken any of the village rules and is a very respected member of the village, even though she tends to keep to herself most of the time. Matter of fact, she is the favored person among the village by the elders not by her age, but instead for her bravery and courage that many just don't show.

Shizuka: Shizuka is a playful girl amongst the children of the village. She loves the idea of playing with others and loves to have many friends to be around with. She doesn't know too much from her own childhood and loves her sister very much. She's quite the loving girl as well, and is usually always right by Yuki's side even in dire situations.

Mariko: Mariko, unlike the other two, never stepped foot inside the main village itself. Instead, she was brought up elsewhere and how she came to existence is a mystery. She was raised in a village somewhat far from the snow fox territory. She's very kind to everyone and enjoys telling stories about the snow foxes that she has heard from others that travel through the area. The area she grew up in is not related to snow foxes, but it is a common area that they travel through for various things needed.
-------------------------------------------------------

Those are the three main characters, with many important secondary characters. Those three in particular will be how they are portrayed at the beginning of the story, and most likely through part of the story. As events unfold, their personalities could shift some.

You can find info on those three, among all of the other characters that will be appearing at my crudely made site: Charater Art Page. All characters are copyright to me, no copying allowed. =P I'm currently trying to find out if I'll be able to have artwork done on my latest characters, but I have to talk to the artist first to see if we can come to an agreement on some things and if we can work something out.

Quite note: the age at which my characters may appear will not reflect their profiles (at least for some). It depends on how I want to start things out, and who will not have been born quite yet. Lot of planning to do...

----------------------------

Other General Info

Due to the way how I plan to write this story, some moments will occasionally have some content that otherwise would not be suited around children. I do believe teaching children basic things about the body and all that, but it can get a bit mature in nature.

This post will also act as a reserve post, case I need to do something or whatever. After this post will be any actual portions to the story. I do have 2 prototypes typed up on here, but I'm debating whether or not I should show them...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:01:38 PM by TwinShadow »

Offline Mifune Fuji

• Neko or Kitsune?
  • Photonic Moderator
  • Kisae, Priestess
  • Foxgirl Loving Maniac!
    • View Profile
    • ShadowHime
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 08:37:29 PM »
Character Bios
These will be how you *first* get introduced to them in the story. However, later on as time goes on, I will add any additional info to corresponding sections as their personalities change, as well as age and other things.

Momoyuki
Race: Fox
Element: Snow
Height: Roughly 5'
Ears and color: Fox ears, mostly a light pink, with white tips.
Tail(s): Fox, only one tail, however is kept hidden. When you do see it, it keeps the very soft tone of pink, with a white tip.
Facial Markings: On her cheeks, she has a single spiked line that goes from just under her eyes to the base of her ears. She has one other marking on her forehead, however it cannot be seen due to her bangs.
Personality: Very withholding of herself. She doesn't talk very much as she's still going through a state of depression during this time. Though it doesn't detract her from her maternal instincts to take care of her baby sister, Shizuka.
Clothing: Clean traditional clothes, but simple. It is a very simple kimono with a base color being a snow white color, with the hems being a soft pink. The Obi retains the white coloring, with the addition of sakuras dotted around.

Shizuka
Height: (Still a child, thus is still growing)
Ears and color: Fox ears, mostly a light pink, with white tips.
Tail(s): Fox, only one tail. Has a very soft tone of pink, with a white tip.
Facial Markings: Same as Yuki's, except for the time, the shape on her forehead will not appear until she gets slightly older. It'll also be hidden by her bangs at that point.
Personality: (again, infant, so I can't really say at this time)
Clothing: (will go about it later)

Mariko
Height: 4'2.5"
Ears and color: Fox ears, and contrary to belief, the coloring is dark blue.
Tail(s): Fox, only one tail, and strangely, instead of the usual pink, its a shiny, yet dark blue color. The white tip on her tail symbolizes the snow element within her.
Facial Markings: The same markings are seen just like Yuki and Shizuka, with one exception that she freely shows the marking on her forehead, which is like a bird-shape in a pale, light blue color.
Personality: She's rather a rambunctious kid. She gets into trouble occasionally, but she is excellent around kids. As she lives within a trade village, many travelers come through to tell their tales, and Mariko recites them back in a way the kids could understand easily. She's not necessarily shy and will happily go up to someone in need, or of course, cause a little trouble here and there. Not necessarily the best role model for kids, but her way of stories sets anyone at ease.
Clothing: Unlike what others wear, she lives in a slightly warmer area that allows her to wear something somewhat lighter, and is found typically wearing a somewhat dark blue kimono with trims in a more icy blue color. Hemming on her kimono is more in a pink tone for the girl that she is.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:26:00 PM by TwinShadow »

Offline Kalashina Manahsyane

• Insane Story Writer
  • Administrator
  • Banzai!
  • Ryu of the Wilds
    • View Profile
    • Dyhokan Emporium
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 09:41:04 PM »
Kalshion:

Character Bios
Kumiko
Element: Lightning
Height: Roughly 4'
Ears and color: Fox ears with small orange tabs of fur with a gold tip
Tail(s): Fox, twin tail with one tail not growing properly, thus is much smaller than the first. Has orange fur with a bloody red tip.
Facial Markings: Kumiko has several small scars and bruises on her face, including that goes across the eye socket.
Personality: (At this point, infant)
Clothing: (To be filled later)

About her:

Kumiko is a fox kit who is very shy, her family traveled plenty and rarely stayed in one place for very long, she lost her parents when she was just a baby and had been forced to raise herself despite impossible odds. She has great survival instinicts, but is also very reserved and doesn't speak to anyone. She is quite intelligent, however, despite her past and has learned how to read and write even though she has no family to support her. However, her shy nature, coupled with her suspicious viewing of others, has caused her to stay away from other foxes out of fear that they reject her - or worse - attack her. Kumiko has a deep seated fear of Viente, though the reasons are unclear.

Viente
Race: Human
Element: Fire
Height: Roughly 6'
Ears and color: Human ears, left ear is 'clipped' a bit
Tail(s): None
Facial Markings: Viente has several deep marks on her face, a testament to some attack she suffered.
Personality: Viente cares little for her fellow humans and actually prefers the company of nature to them, she has a kind personality but is not at all opposed to violence or cruelty and often displays such actions to those who intend to harm her.
Clothing: Wears a robe that is emblazened with runes and a variety of different elemental symbols.

About her:

Viente is the reason Kumiko can read and write, but Kumiko doesn't speak of Viente. Viente is a forest dweller and an outcast, preferring to stay out of the sight of her fellow humans since she has little care for their destructive nature. However, despite that, she has a split personality problem that causes her to act different one day, and again the next. This is the reason why she fled and prefers to stay hidden, though her cruel nature often realigns itself and causes quite a few problems for both humans and foxes alike.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 09:47:21 PM by Ryu »