Author Topic: [Closed] [Private] [15+] Mysterious Shadow Elites  (Read 39218 times)

Offline Kalashina Manahsyane

• Insane Story Writer
  • Administrator
  • Banzai!
  • Ryu of the Wilds
    • View Profile
    • Dyhokan Emporium
Re: [Private] [15+] Mysterious Shadow Elites
« Reply #165 on: November 30, 2010, 03:49:53 PM »
Sakura, who had been mostly asleep, was aroused when her cat looked up and brushed it's tail against the face. She looked up, having heard the door open and then close, followed by a man who said her big sisters name.

She looked at him and cocked her head curiously to one side, not really saying anything in return.

---

"That outta do it," said the doctor as he patched up Renae's knife wound. "Damned girl is lucky, I thought it hit a vein or something but just come to find out the blade had slipped out which was why she was beginning to bleed," he said as they wheeled her out of surgery.

He made a side-trick and discarded his scarfs and robe and then put on a new one before going back out to his station, he typed up a quick note for the commander, letting him know that Renae will be fine.

---

Down in the brig, or something that resembles an interrogation room. The man who had been caught stabbing Renae lay motionless in the chair, not dead, just unconcious due to the shock. "And all I did was show it to," he said as he held up a very hot iron, "did he really think I was going to do 'that' for him?" he rolled his eyes and collected the other equipment.

"Keep him here for now until he wakes up," he said and smelled something foul in the air. "Ughs, and get him a change of clothing to please, don't like my prisoners stinking up the place," the soldier there nodded and ran off. Anoher soldier waited patiently. "Once he wakes up, put him in a cell, make sure he's on twenty four hour watch once he wakes up, I'll type up this report for the commander," said the interrogator as he walked to the door.

"Sir, don't you think your methods are excessive?" asked the soldier.

"No, as long as it gets the commander results and information, you can't be nice to these people or else they'll just walk all over you,"

Offline Mifune Fuji

• Neko or Kitsune?
  • Photonic Moderator
  • Kisae, Priestess
  • Foxgirl Loving Maniac!
    • View Profile
    • ShadowHime
« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2010, 09:04:22 PM »
WARNING: The following post may be slightly graphic. Please turn off your monitor for 10 minutes if you wish to wake up the next day.

OOC: Ok not really, but seriously, the post may be slightly graphic. =P

Takashi walks over next to the bed and then pulls out a chair to sit on, “So you must be Renae's sister I heard about. I hope the trip here wasn't too bumpy for you.” After a moment, he notices the cat on the bed as well, “Ah, I see you have a pet as well. I don't mind if he's here, but keep him in the room.”

---

Rolling close into the night hours, the hospital activity has been dieing down from the typical patients that come through. Of course, Daichi and his son still remain in the lobby, constantly worrying over what is going on with Mariko. “Is there anything you know about what is going on exactly?” The brother asked.

Daichi could only shake his head, “I imagine its the same as what you were told.” He stands up and walks over to the coffee maker to get a cup of coffee, “Like one as well?” he asked.

“No, not now.” Was the reply as he stared out of the window. The scenery was of a typical city in the evening hours. Traffic, jams, bustling activity with people ready to go home or going home now.

While the two of them continue to wait, in the OR however was another issue. During the last half hour, one of the metal shards from Mariko's suit was accidentally moved into a vital vein in her arm. This caused a panic in the room to try and find the safest way to remove the object without causing any further injury. “If we just plainly remove it, we risk her bleeding severely...” One of them mentioned. “But if we don't, it could pierce further through to the other side.” Another exclaimed.

“What if we restrict the blood flow?” Someone asked after a brief silence.

They could only think, “I don't know, the rush of blood may pose a danger, and the constriction may not be a smart idea.” when someone came up with some sort of answer, though not much of one.

“We have to do something, and we have to now.” One had said. It eventually came to the conclusion that they were going to have to risk carefully pulling it out.

A couple of the surgeons prepare for the blood that will come gushing through the vein. “Alright, are we ready?” The lead surgeon had asked, looking around. Each one of them gave their nod as they begin to carefully remove the shard.

Only just a minute passes when the shard is pulled out, and as predicted, the blood rushes through as everyone tries to get it under control. Moments later her heartbeat starts to race from the sudden lack of blood flowing through. While two of them work to quickly get the blood flow under control, another three work to get her heart to calm down.

Moments race by when suddenly, they all hear the one sound no doctor ever wants to hear: a solid beep accompanied by a flat line. They quickly bring out the defibrillator while one other pumps down on Mariko's chest. With the defibrillator charged, “Clear!” one calls out and jolts her body in the familiar arc that comes from it. The flat line remains, another charge builds up, “Clear!” again, and sends another jolt. Still a flat line, they try for one more. “Clear!” once more, a third jolt goes through, finally restarting her heart. Though her heartbeat is low, they quickly start working bringing it up to a safer level.

“No time for relief, we're almost done,” The lead surgeon calls out, “we can pull through and save her life, as we did just now.” One of the surgeons begins to suture up her arm, while others continue to remove the last remaining shards that are still embedded within her body.

---

Back at the base, in a relatively vacant hanger lies a mobile suit going under final construction phases. However, a shadowy figure stood next to one of its feet. There was just enough light to see what he was doing, but the suit was bathed in a darkness that you can't make out its figure, however, the person there was doing something with one of the interfaces near the foot. What he was doing is unclear, maybe he's a mechanic, or perhaps its for a more nefarious deed. When finished, he quickly left for the night.

• Insane Story Writer
  • Administrator
  • <3
  • Ryu of the Wilds
    • View Profile
    • Dyhokan Emporium
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2010, 12:41:01 AM »
Sakura's eyes shifted toward the wall. "We flew through a storm, so it was bumpy," she said and then looked down at her kitty, who lifted his head and let out a small 'mew' before laying back down. "He'll be fine, he'll stay here.... but umm.. where is my sister?" she asked.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 02:25:42 AM by Ryu »

Offline Mifune Fuji

• Neko or Kitsune?
  • Photonic Moderator
  • Netanya, Warrior
  • Foxgirl Loving Maniac!
    • View Profile
    • ShadowHime
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2010, 03:16:44 PM »
"A storm huh, that would cause some trouble in the air." Commenting about the storm from earlier today. "Far as your sister goes, she's in the hospital wing currently, but she's a tough fighter, I'm sure she'll be just fine."

Just a minute later, one of his staff comes through the door to report something, but notices about the girl there, then moves to whisper instead, "Sir, our clean-up crew were attacked. More details are in your office." She then left for now to do other business.

"Hm, it must be that same mobile suit again..." He thought to himself, not entirely sure of where to go from here. He turns his attention back to Sakura for a moment, "Are there any other questions you may have?"

• Insane Story Writer
  • Administrator
  • Fate, Fight!
  • Ryu of the Wilds
    • View Profile
    • Dyhokan Emporium
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2010, 03:29:07 PM »
"What happened to my sister? Why is she in the hospital? And... can I see her?" she asks while looking at Takashi straight in the eye with a worrisome expression.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 03:31:58 PM by TwinShadow »

Offline Mifune Fuji

• Neko or Kitsune?
  • Photonic Moderator
  • Sciora, Lancer
  • Foxgirl Loving Maniac!
    • View Profile
    • ShadowHime
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2010, 10:41:30 PM »
Takashi could only laugh, "Alright alright, one question at a time." Once he calmed down, he began to answer a couple of her questions, "Renae ended up in the hospital due to some minor mix-ups with a couple people. Far as seeing her, you won't be able to tonight, but I'll see about arranging something tomorrow." He then stood and walked to the door, then turns his head, "If that is all, I have some business to do, but you can sleep in here for the night."

---

Back at the hospital, both Daichi and his son has still not received word about what's going on with Mariko. After a time of silence, Daichi broke it with the following question, "Are you able to take some time off from work? I won't be able to for a while starting tomorrow."

He could only think for a moment before replying, "I'm not sure, but I'll try to work it out with my boss tomorrow morning."

"Let's head home for now, we can talk over a few things later." The father said, going to the counter to let the clerk know. Once finished, the both of them head back to their home to discuss a few matters.

In the OR, the surgeons are putting the final sutures on her arms and are about to begin with her legs. "I think.. we're finally finished." The lead surgeon announced. A couple others cheered after a grueling 8 hours of being in the room. "Check her vitals, make sure she has plenty of fluids, double check the stitches, and I think we can put her in close observation." he later said to them.

The rest of them all gave their nods as they do their final checks. Minutes pass, her legs, arms, chest, and hips all have stitches in them, and then the doctors move her into an isolated room for the time being so that staff are able to keep a close watch on her during the vital 24 hours required. "She's quite a fighter. Almost lost her too..." One of them said.

"Yes, but our job is to save lives. It would have been a tragic loss to lose her." Another followed up. Once they arrive at the room, 2 doctors and a nurse carefully move her from the stretcher onto the bed, then position her body so the IV line doesn't fall out from her arm. "Fight strong, and keep your spirits up, Mariko." The nurse silently said, and then they take their leave after setting up the monitors.

• Insane Story Writer
  • Administrator
  • Fate, Fight!
  • Ryu of the Wilds
    • View Profile
    • Dyhokan Emporium
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2010, 11:04:11 PM »
"What if I'm hungry? I don't really know where to eat around here," Sakura asked nervously, and honestly. Renae never provided her a map, probably because she never expected to be in the situation she was in.

Offline Mifune Fuji

• Neko or Kitsune?
  • Photonic Moderator
  • Sciora, Lancer
  • Foxgirl Loving Maniac!
    • View Profile
    • ShadowHime
« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2010, 11:17:15 PM »
Takashi points over to a phone system on the wall that each room has. On it has about 10 buttons, pre-programmed for various areas of the base. "You can use this here to get food if you need." After finishing, he then left the room so he can take care of business, namely the deal with the pilots of the clean-up crew.

• Insane Story Writer
  • Administrator
  • Kawaii!
  • Ryu of the Wilds
    • View Profile
    • Dyhokan Emporium
« Reply #173 on: December 04, 2010, 01:42:26 AM »
Sakura sighed after Takashi had left, she looked over at her cat which was asleep again and then glanced over at the window to see what was outside.

As night rolled in, Sakura made her way to the roof, getting onto it despite the door roof being locked. She looked out, seeing the whole scope of the base in it's splender and beauty, she really liked this view. She sat there for a few minutes, listening both the sounds in the distance and for the possibility of someone coming up the stairs, then she quickly went back to Renae's room.

Later, she got herself some food and enjoyed a nice view of the base at night. "It's not bad, though I think the city is better," she giggled and pulled out her pajamas from her back and quickly got dressed. She then looked over and crawled into bed, the cat having snuggled up against her face.

Offline Mifune Fuji

• Neko or Kitsune?
  • Photonic Moderator
  • Sciora, Lancer
  • Foxgirl Loving Maniac!
    • View Profile
    • ShadowHime
« Reply #174 on: December 04, 2010, 04:37:27 PM »
With the night passed and is behind them, the sun rises into the sky bring a fresh new light to the day. With morning around, Daichi and his son were awake in the kitchen. "Anything?" The father asked, referring about his son's job from last night.

His son can only shake his head, "Not yet, I'll call again a bit after you leave." Fixing breakfast for the both of them. Usually it had been Mariko, but today was a bit different as she stays in the hospital.

"Let me know if anything develops and I'll try getting to the hospital." Letting his son know, as their breakfast was finished and they begin to eat before he must leave.

"Alright, I'm off. I'll see you tonight." Daichi said, stood up, grabbed hold of his briefcase and left the house. Shortly after, the son called up his boss again. After about a minute, he gets through, "Hello, its Seiichi. Is it possible I could get a few days off due to family issues?"

"What exactly is the issue?" A man over the phone had asked.

He could only take a moment to think of what to say, "My little sister ended up in the hospital, and we don't know what her condition is. I'm going to find that out today."

"Hmm," the man begun, "alright, is a week alright with you?"

"Yes, that'll be fine. I'll call again if needed." Seiichi replied.

"I'll note it down for the week then. Keep me updated, alright?" The man asked.

"I will." He then hung up the phone and then started to get ready to head for the hospital. "I just hope she's alright..." Worried about what went on during the night.

EF Base

Bright and early, Akemi was up and sitting on a chair in front of a mirror, brushing her hair which appeared silky smooth and a lush green from the sunlight bathing in her hair. "I hope today will be easier..." Talking to herself as she continues fixing her hair, then she begins to put it in a low ponytail for now.

After a few minutes, Akemi finishes up, is dressed, and she walks down to the cafeteria to get some breakfast before her long day begins.

Offline WingZero0079

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 04, 2010, 08:48:13 PM »
As Xenfis gets up, he makes his bed. Folding the blanket at the top back slightly. Fluffing up his pillows, he makes his way to the bathroom to fix his hair and brush his teeth. After so, he beings to head to the cafeteria for some eggs, bacon and toast. He spots Akemi and walks over to her as he grabs his things.

"You know I look forward to our battle later this afternoon." He then looks at her. "This time though, I wont be so light."

He then grabs his tray and some strawberry milk and goes to sit down and start on his meal..  
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:50:10 PM by WingZero0079 »

.~*Winged-Angel*~.

• Insane Story Writer
  • Administrator
  • <3
  • Ryu of the Wilds
    • View Profile
    • Dyhokan Emporium
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2010, 01:50:32 AM »
"oooooooh..." Renae moaned as she came to that morning, she placed her hand up to her forehead and opened her eyes - seeing the white ceiling above her, she felt like she had just spent several hours in a bar drinking.

"How are you feeling?" the nurse asked her when she came in and noticed Renae was awake. Renae looked over at her, but didn't say anything at first.

Instead she sat up and looked at her side, the area where the knife had gone in was covered in a bandage. "Fine I suppose," she finally answered the nurses questions. "How long was I out?" she asked.

"Only for the night, the surgery went excellently, surprisingly the knife didn't hit any major artery or organ," said the Nurse as she changed out a blood pack for a new one.

"When can I leave?" asked Renae, her dislike for hospitals being well known by the staff.

The nurse thought about it for a moment but shrugged. "That's up to the doctor to decide, not me," with that she left. Renae let out a sigh and stared out the window and began to wonder about something. "Ok... I know yesterday was important but I don't remember 'why'.." she pondered and tapped her chin thoughtfully.

---

Back at the dormitory, Sakura awoke to find a certain feline resting on her head. She sprung up so fast, Artemis almost didn't have time to react as he corrected himself in the air and landed on all four paws on the edge of the bed but didn't stay as he lost his footing and fell off. Sakura snickered before bursting out in laughter at this, the cat just poored his head up and mewed at her.

Offline Mifune Fuji

• Neko or Kitsune?
  • Photonic Moderator
  • Kisae, Priestess
  • Foxgirl Loving Maniac!
    • View Profile
    • ShadowHime
« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2010, 07:46:31 PM »
Akemi noticed Xenfis come to sit with her and continued eating, "I wouldn't want you to, but just don't get too confident." she had said after swallowing a bit of her sandwich.

Elsewhere in the base, two large transport trucks are just arriving with two particularly large mobile suits. Both of the trucks drive in and begin to get into position to unload their cargo. Several crews are working around them to make sure they are not damaged during this process, along with a couple mobile suits to help with lifting them into a standing position. The tarp that covers them remains for the time being until their testing begins.

SE Base

In the briefing room, Takashi, along with several other pilots discuss the recent events. From the first appearance of the mobile suit that had attacked Mariko, all the way to recent events with Renae and the clean-up crew. As it turns out, the old suit was an earlier model they had developed when the force was still young. Its name was Killer Scythe, highly excelled in melee combat was good ranged abilities.

However, due to technology being old at the time, most of its joints were its weak points. He discusses possible methods of attack and other load-outs it was known to carry. This briefing would last for at least 3 hours when they decide on a plan of action, and they may need help with this fighter.

---

Seiichi arrives at the hospital fairly early with little activity going on in the lobby. He confronts the clerk at the desk and asks what's going on, "Oh, Mariko. She left surgery about an hour after you had left. I'll have a doctor come out and take you to her and discuss things." she replied, then called for a doctor. "He'll be here in about 15 minutes, he's with a patient currently."

Seiichi nods and walks to sit on the couch. He picks up the newspaper from the table and begins to read it. "Hm, nothing interesting it seems..." Commenting on various articles such as the weather, politics, and whatnot.

Offline WingZero0079

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2010, 01:20:58 PM »
As Xenfis finishes his breakfast, he gets up and throws his stuff away. As he walks away he waves at Akemi and waves walking down the hall back to his room to get changed. He opens his door and walks over to his drawer and pulls out his afternoon cloths and begins to change. After that, he pulls out his task manager and begins to plan out his day.

"Lets see.." he said to himself. "Battle with Akemi soon...that should be fun. Then some tuning up on WingZero. Hmm...then I guess I should see if commander has anything special that I should know about. I think I should also try my best to see if I can find anything new about Mariko."

He then opens up a new message to Mariko's base, basically asking of they knew anything about Mariko's status and the condition of her mobile suit. He even put in an offer to help with her suit, courtesy of the EF.

"There, that should do it. Now time to get Wing ready for Akemi's test later." As he walks to the hanger area.

TwinShadow: Fixin' typos
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 02:21:16 PM by TwinShadow »

.~*Winged-Angel*~.

Offline Mifune Fuji

• Neko or Kitsune?
  • Photonic Moderator
  • Sciora, Lancer
  • Foxgirl Loving Maniac!
    • View Profile
    • ShadowHime
« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2010, 10:29:14 PM »
Shortly after Xenfis sent his message, much to his dismay, the reply was a simple "Classified information outside of her immediate family." Mariko's secrecy was still key until the time is right to let friends through.

At the hospital, the doctor came through the door looking for Seiichi. He motions for him and then the two went off into his office for a moment. "I am pleased to say she will survive." He said, bringing out various papers from a folder.

Seiichi breathed a sigh of relief, "Very good news, I'm glad."

"We removed many of the shards, so none of them should pose any threat." He sifted through the sheets and stopped on a paper with her measured brain activity. "It seems at the moment, her brain activity is rather low, but stable none-the-less."

"What could that mean?" He asked the doctor.

"Well, its hard to say." He began to say, showing him the paper, "I believe she's in a state of coma currently, but the activity may increase as time goes on. However, the first 24 hours are crucial to her survival."

"I see, to think.. she could have died..." Reminiscing from the moment he saw some of the x-rays and other scans.

The doctor patted him on the back lightly, then continued, "She is very lucky to have family like you. We'll keep an eye on her, its the least we can do for you." After a moment, he went through the papers again to stop on an x-ray of her chest. "As you see here, portions of the left rib cage are damaged. We did what we could to repair them, but she may need additional surgeries until she is healed. That is about the only threatening aspect currently."

"How long do you suppose it may take?" He wondered, looking at the damaged bones of her rib cage. "A couple look slightly sharp as well.."

"Correct, if broken a certain way, they can puncture the lung. She will need to take it very easy when she wakes." Once Seiichi was done with the papers, the doctor put them back into the folder to file away for the time being. "Follow me, I'll let you see her for a bit."

The both of them walked out of the office and towards a somewhat secluded area of the hospital. Two guards from the base stood in front of a particular room, "Do not worry, this is the girl's brother, Seiichi." letting them know he's fine. They then walk into the room which is slightly dark with the blinds half open on the windows.

Mariko was lying on the bed, motionless and hooked up to various monitors and an IV line in her left arm. She was also on a breathing system to help her breath as she could not on her own, a sort of life support for her. As Seiichi looked at her, a few tears welled up in his eyes, but hopeful and glad that she's at least alive.

"I'll let you stay for about ten minutes, but once then, I'd like you to leave for now. We'll call you if anything happens." The doctor had said, then left the room and notified the two guards. He then went on to take care of other patients.

Giving a nod, he walked over next to the bed and sat on a chair to gently take her hand. "I'm here Mariko, please.. pull through and live.." Praying for her safe return. Time flies by fairly quick as one of the guards comes in, "Alright, time to leave." Seiichi stands up, leans over to kiss her on the forehead and then proceeds to walk out.

He walks to his vehicle and then heads off back home for the time being, "I really do hope she pulls through this..."

---

EF Base

With Akemi done with her breakfast, she heads back to her room and starts doing a bit of research on her laptop. She was curious about the Gundams that were arriving and wanted to see if she can find more information about them. She would search well into the afternoon but still not turn up any leads.