Author Topic: BP oil spill summarized...  (Read 5709 times)

Offline Slaskia

• Sangheili fanatic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
BP oil spill summarized...
« on: June 12, 2010, 10:35:54 PM »
With cats....

Offline Spog

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: BP oil spill summarized...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 08:02:27 AM »
I think the next course of action may be to detonate nukes near the leak...see if that stops it.  It makes about as much sense as the other solutions that didn't quite solution enough.
"With the stigma feasting upon your flesh I wish you well! Thorns from the fountains of fate licking lepered skin! Worshiped by anyone's mass on our planet hell! What on earth possessed you!?" ~Dimmu Borgir "Kings of the Carnival Creation"

Offline Sonic

• The Insane Mage
  • Administrator
  • Listen to Me!
  • What Sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 06:24:10 AM »
Actually, I think a shaped nuclear warhead might work. Forcing the blast down into the ground where the reserve is might destroy all the oil down there.
I live in my own little world. But that's ok, they know me there.

Offline Spog

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 11:14:11 AM »
It'd be the only thing nukes would be really useful in doing.  I think while we're at it we should destroy all those mineral reserves in Afghanistan, because it's not a 'good thing for the Afghan people.  It's 'a good thing for the private corporations that have nothing to do with Afghanistan, good for warlords, good for the corrupt government'.

And yes, I am being serious, unless they do make it work for the good of Afghanistan to get them out of poverty, clean their corrupt political system; but knowing us, we have a 'new' reason for occupying the country...just don't say that in those words exactly.

Sorry if I sound like some crackpot conspiracy theorist, I'm in a bad mood.
"With the stigma feasting upon your flesh I wish you well! Thorns from the fountains of fate licking lepered skin! Worshiped by anyone's mass on our planet hell! What on earth possessed you!?" ~Dimmu Borgir "Kings of the Carnival Creation"

Offline Kalashina Manahsyane

• Insane Story Writer
  • Administrator
  • Yes?
  • Ryu of the Wilds
    • View Profile
    • Dyhokan Emporium
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 03:40:33 PM »
Actually, I think a shaped nuclear warhead might work. Forcing the blast down into the ground where the reserve is might destroy all the oil down there.

Ummm... I don't think that'll work; in fact, I think that may actually make matters worse in ways we might not know about just yet.

Offline Sonic

• The Insane Mage
  • Administrator
  • Muhahahaha!
  • What Sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 06:52:03 AM »
Ummm... I don't think that'll work; in fact, I think that may actually make matters worse in ways we might not know about just yet.
Oil combust; sending a plasma blast into the main well would burn most of that stuff. There would be a few byproducts, but far less damaging than all the oil going out.
I live in my own little world. But that's ok, they know me there.

Offline Slaskia

• Sangheili fanatic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 10:08:55 AM »
I think he is more concerned about the radiation..., which is what sprang to my mind as well.