Author Topic: Foreshadow of the Lost  (Read 22452 times)

Offline Slaskia

• Sangheili fanatic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Foreshadow of the Lost
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2009, 05:35:39 PM »
Zeno had heard the blast doors blow open, but couldn’t really look to see if it was the other brutes that did it or the marines as he was to busy trying to avoid getting turned into a Sangheili pancake.  It was times like these he wished he had practiced more with long range weaponry, as this Chieftain was not letting him get close enough to use his swords.  If he didn’t find an opening soon, things could turn out badly.

Then he got a break.  Over the sound of the enraged chieftain roaring he heard the marine sergeant shout a warning.  A warning he heeded immediately.

He did a back flip up and over one of the storage crates behind him.  As he heard the whine of the chaingun start firing, he crouched down and covered his head.  The next thing he heard was the chieftain screaming in agony, then falling to the floor with a thud.

Zeno cautiously peeked around the storage crate at the now dead chieftain.  The chieftains back looked like shredded meat.  “Ugh…Good thing I have not eaten recently,” he muttered.

---

“What is that pelican doing?”  Rtas asked.

“Sir, with how close that phantom is to it, the seraphs cannot risk firing upon it.”

“And our point defense turrets would not be much help either,” Rtas growled.  “What is the status of our main weapons?” He figured he may has well worry more about the brute ship itself right now.

“Fully charged and locked on, shipmaster.”

“Good.  Fire!”

Offline Kalashina Manahsyane

• Insane Story Writer
  • Administrator
  • Barrier Jacket, Set Up!
  • Ryu of the Wilds
    • View Profile
    • Dyhokan Emporium
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2009, 12:15:13 AM »
Kasel switched one of her displays in time to see the Phantom get vaporized by one of the Shadow of Intents plasma turrets. She winched at the sight, as after the beam had completely fired there was only small bits of debris flying around.

"Well, one less brute to worry about," she said as she eased back on the stick and put them on a course for the ship. She sent a quick message to the Shadow of Intent, thanking them for the fighter and turret support and letting them know that they swatted a pesky fly off her tail when they fired their main guns.

---

The marines looked at the dead Chieftain, his backside opened up and his bones showing. One marine, apparently completely new, properly threw up at the sight. "Best do it now son and not while we are still fight'in," said the Sergeant.

"Let's go marines!" the sergeant yelled when he saw that there were two brutes still standing, along with a trio of grunts. The chain-gun spat rounds at the brutes, their armor denting before shattering into peices, the wearers falling to the ground with hundreds of bullet holes in them.

One brute muttered something before he fell while the other couldn't, as the chain-gun cut his face to pieces.

The last of the Grunts ran around like chickens with their heads cut off, one even grabbed Zeno's leg screaming. "Me no want to die, just following orders from chieftain," it complained.

While the other grunt, the one hiding near the main door, just stayed there hiding and not wanting to get involved, having tossed its needler to the side.

Offline Slaskia

• Sangheili fanatic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2009, 09:06:01 PM »
Zeno looked down at the Unggoy on his leg.

“Nice, nice heili…,” it was muttering.  “Let me live…Please…me shine your boots…”  It sounded really pathetic:  it was even petting his leg.

How…Embarrassing….  he thought as he peeled the Unggoy off his leg, holding it by the methane tank.  “Cortana, any more uninvited guests onboard besides the few surrendering Unggoy?”

~I am not detecting any more boarders, besides the remaining phantom that is hovering by the hanger bay.~  Cortana said.  Just then said phantom was assaulted by a number of seraph fighters.  It went down within seconds.  ~Nevermind about that phantom.~

“What about the brute ship itself?”

~The Shadow of Intent is firing upon it as we speak.  Looks like they are attempting to disable it further to prevent any more mishaps.~

“Good to hear and I am certain the captain will like that news as well.”  Just then, he smelled something salty and vile.  Looking down he saw a new puddle under the Unggoy he was holding.  “Ugh…How disgusting….” He grumbled, stepping away and holding the Unggoy away from himself.

• Insane Story Writer
  • Administrator
  • Yes?
  • Ryu of the Wilds
    • View Profile
    • Dyhokan Emporium
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2009, 11:49:29 AM »
As the sergeant looked over the carnage he was reminded of some of the videos he had seen of the war. "This pales in comparison," he commented as he walked through the dead bodies. As he did, one of his Sangheili Warrior companions walked up a brute and put a shot through the head.

He didn't say word, until he saw something off the corner of his eye. He raised his assault rifle and was staring at very scared grunt, huddled in the corner of the door that had been blasted off it's hinges. The grunt lifted its claws from it's face and then started running toward the sergeant, only to be stomped on by one of his warriors.

"Cowardly things," said the warrior as it picked the grunt up by the back of its neck. Another warrior had walked over to Zeno and took the two grunts he had.

"Take them to the brig," said the sergeant and watched as the two Sangheili walked away with their grunt prisoners. "Well, that wasn't bad for an actual boarding operation, though I would like to know where the hell these fur-balls got ahold of a phantom," he said.

--

Kasel maneuvered the Pelican into the Pelican Bay. As she touched down within one of six loading areas, she pulled her helmet off and breathed in some fresh, recycled air. "That wasn't so bad," she said and opened up the door to the back compartment.

What she saw were marines who were now dizzy and the Sangheili warriors who clearly had lost their lunch. "Ummm... s-sorry," she said nervously and with a smile on her face, and watched as they disembarked, staggering from side to side as if drunk.

--

"That's good news Cortana," said Rasola as he finished listening to her report. "Move the ship away, then bring our MAC guns online, I would've preferred to test them on something bigger but that Brute cruiser has it coming," he said.

Offline Slaskia

• Sangheili fanatic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2009, 09:59:35 AM »
“Agreed,”  Zeno grumbled.  “The commander is going to have a field day trying to figure that out.  Maybe those Unggoy will know something.”

“Maybe these two will have a better idea than those Unggoy, ambassador,” a new voice said.  Zeno turned to see the squad he had sent toward the reactor for the drill.  The zealot was holding two, very pink, unconscious Kig-Yar.  “We came across these two before we could switch out our weapons.  So we had to…Make do.”

“Good work.  Go ahead and take them down to the brig.  Unlike the Unggoy, we will not have to worry about supplying them with methane.  Oh and…Separate cells:  we know how much Kig-Yar and Unggoy love each other.”

“Of course, ambassador,” the zealot said as he and his squad headed off.

“Sir, a question,” one of the marines piped up.

“Shoot,”  Zeno replied.

“Who were you referring to as ‘commander’?  I doubt you mean Captain Rasola.”

“Ah, SpecOps Commander Rtas ‘Vadum,”  Zeno said with a smile.

“But…Isn’t he a shipmaster?”

“He is both.  Rtas wears two helmets, as it were.”

“OK, so why not refer to him as shipmaster instead?”

Zeno chuckled good naturedly.  “Easy.  While my political rank is above his, my military rank is below him.”

“What is your military rank?”

“SpecOps Sub-Commander.”

A couple of the present marines went pale.  They suddenly felt very lucky that not only was Zeno on their side, but that he was they laid back type.  None of them wanted to see Zeno pissed off now…Ever.

• Insane Story Writer
  • Administrator
  • Kawaii
  • Ryu of the Wilds
    • View Profile
    • Dyhokan Emporium
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2009, 01:52:03 AM »
The ships engines whined in protest as she came to a complete stop and spun around using her thrusters and inertia. Four of the eight MAC guns on board were primed and ready to fire, when the captain was satisfied he gave the order to Cortana, who nodded her nod.

Several thumps could be heard through the ship as four of the cannons spat tungsten shells through space, one round sailed right into the cruiser, impacting upon the brutes starboard side and causing a deep hole to emerge. The force spun the ship end over end, causing two of the MAC rounds to be clean misses. The fourth one however scored a hit right on the nose, sending it tumbling even more.

Though he was impressed, he hated missing. When one of his officers shouted that their other MAC guns were ready, he ordered them to fire one last round. This particular round was different, having been modified using Sangheili technology. When it impacted the cruiser, it didn't punch a hole, instead it acted like a plasma torpoed would upon impact and started burning through the ships decks. Within moments it found the reactor, and seconds later the ship erupted into fireworks.

The crew cheered while the Captain just nodded. "Cortana, cancel combat stations, have the marines get some rest. Inform all sections to check for burnt systems or any other damage, once we are clear. We'll set course, inform the Shadow of Intent that we are grateful for their support, though let Rtas know that if by chance he finds out who gave those brutes Phantoms, to leave a piece of that person for me to beat on - likewise - if we find that person on board, I'll save a piece for him and his crew," he said and Cortana smiled before relaying the message.

---

~All Crew stand-down from combat stations, boarders have been repelled. I repeat, all crew station-down. Return to your barracks for debriefing. Ambassador Zeno and Ambassador Johnson, you are needed in to the port Pelican Bay at once!~ Cortana said over the ships innercom system.

The sergeant looked up at the ceiling. "Cortana? Whats going on in the Pelican bay?" he asked her.

"There are a few Sangheili who are very angry at one of our pilots, she flew to close to the Shadow of Intent and now they are demanding that she be court marshelled by our laws for reckless flying," said Cortana through both his and Zeno's commique. "You better hurry Ambassadors, some of our ODST's are getting a little... paranoid," she said.

He sighed. "I better go with ya Ambassador, ODST's are bitches sometimes when it comes to females, especially females who fly and have a damn nice ass," he said and grabbed an assault rifle from a passing private. "You won't need this son," he told him and quickly started toward the port side Pelican bay.

--

"Hey Now! Calm down!" Kasel shouted before one of the Sangheili warriors who had watched her flying try and hit her over the head with his carbine. She had, for the better part of the past five minutes, tried to explain her side of the story to eight very pissed off warriors. Even the warriors who had been on her, were trying to calm this group of Sangheili down but it was of no use.

Of course, once one of the warriors ignited a plasma sword things turned real tense. A .50 Calibar cannon on one of the Pelicans snapped out of its housing and pointed toward the sword wielding warrior while two other Sangheili's had aimed their weapons at their own companion. Naturally, the ODST's weren't going to miss out as they wiped out their pistols, the only weapons they had on them at the time.

The sword wielders squad mates ignited their own plasma swords. "So, a good old fashion stand off," a marine said as he aimed his rifle at the hostil Sangheili warriors.

"You do realize that if we were to fire, we'd also be hitting ourselves," said the Sangheili warrior beside him.

"Yea well, let's just hope you and I can doge well, because we are more likely to get hit," he said as he gestured with his head at the now four fifty calibar weapons now pointed in their general direction.

"What was it you humans once said? This sucks ass," said the warrior. The marine chuckled lightly but didn't take his eyes off the group he was aiming at.

If someone had dropped a pin in there, you'd be able to hear it with how silent it was, minus the slight humming of the plasma swords.

Offline Slaskia

• Sangheili fanatic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2009, 02:12:24 PM »
Zeno groaned and loped easily beside the sergeant.  “If there is one part of this ambassador business I despise the most it is the public relations part.”

“I don’t think any politician likes doing PR,” the sergeant agreed.

They reached the scene of the confrontation within moments, Zeno emitting another groan when he saw who the aggressive party was.  “Great, a zealot, an ultra and a handful of majors:  the former two I can already tell are going to be difficult to talk down,” he muttered.  Zeno gently pushed his way between a marine and ODST so he could speak the aggressive Sangheili directly.  “Stand down folks, I will handle this.  Now, what seems to be the problem here?”

“This female damaged the honorable Shadow of Intent,” the zealot responded, pointing one of his swords at Kasel.  “For such an insult she should be removed from duty!”

“Your excellence,” one of the defending Sangheili said.  “The damage occurred while she was evading fire from an enemy phantom.  Her skillful flying saved all onboard.”

“Skillful…More like reckless!”

“Friendly fire and collateral damage happens during a battle,” Zeno pointed out.  “You should know this.  Now if she had damaged the Shadow of Intent intentionally, you may have a case, but considering the circumstances at the time, I serious doubt that is so.”

She killed dozens of us before!  The blood of my brothers demand vengeance!”

“Oh?  And when did she do this?  During the war?”  A nod.  “Tell me, if every one of our kind had the ‘right’ to avenge those that were slain by the humans, then the humans by right should be able to do the same.  Unlike us…I doubt there is a single human that has not lost a loved one to our weapons of war.”  Every single human in the bay tensed at his words.
“Truth be told, brother,” Zeno continued.  “It would result in needless bloodshed.  Bloodshed neither species can afford.  You forgot that our own numbers were diminished by the Great Schism: there is no honor in fighting until both species is extinct.”

The majors were starting to relax their stance, his words having an affect on them.  The ultra and zealot however were still tense, still had the bloodlust in their eyes.  “The war should never have ended,” the zealot growled.

Zeno recognized the type of man this zealot, and perhaps the ultra, were.  They were, sadly, the type that got so used to war that they knew nothing else and were having trouble adapting to peacetime.  He new human soldiers could suffer from this, but Sangheili even more so due to their militaristic society.  “War comes and goes, as it should to give both sides a chance to recover,” Zeno said softly, still trying to soothe him, but he had a feeling it will come to blows. “The wisest of warriors know this and accept it.”

“Those wisest of warriors are fools.”

“Oh…So you are a Kesi type eh?”  The ultra recoiled back in horror, shaking his head and dropping his weapons.  Still the zealot stood firm.

“Kesi…,” the Zealot growled.  “His tastes for substance I did not agree with, but he had the right idea besides that.  We should never have allied with these humans: it is a taint on our honor.”

“Honor…Is rather subjective I have found.”

“Indeed…Especially for those like you whom prefer to bang another male’s backside, rather then a female like a proper Sangheili.”

A deep growl emitted from Zeno’s throat and the muscles in his arms tensed.  The marines and Sangheili closest to him took a step back out of reflex.  “At least I look out for our future and not remain stuck in the past like an washed out warrior who clings to wars past like a lost lover.”

“Washed out...WASHED OUT!?”  the zealot screeched.  The infuriated warrior lunged at Zeno with both swords.  Zeno, whom already had his hands hovering over his own sword hilts, grabbed his swords, ignited them and swept both of the attacking Sangheili’s blades outward.  Then he brought up his knee, the armor plate on which connecting with underside of the zealot’s head.

While his knee was still up, Zeno snapped the lower part of that leg forward, connecting with his opponent’s chest.  The impact sent the zealot flying backwards, landing on his back a few feet away: his swords went skittering in opposite directions, their safety feature shutting them off automatically.  While he was still dazed, Zeno walked up to him and pointed one of his swords at his throat.  “Checkmate,” he said calmly.  “I suggest you calm down and seriously think about what your purpose is now.  The war between us and the humans is over and we have no intention of letting it start up again.”

• Insane Story Writer
  • Administrator
  • <3
  • Ryu of the Wilds
    • View Profile
    • Dyhokan Emporium
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2009, 02:50:17 PM »
The sergeant raised a hand, causing the marines and ODSTs to stand down. Kasel likewise let out a sigh of relief, having been glad her fellow pilots didn't have to bloody the deck.

She didn't say a word; instead her following pilots out of the Pelican bay and to another area of the ship. The warriors collected the zealots weapons and walked up to the ambassador. "Orders sir?" one of them asked.

---

"What's the situation in the bay?" Rasola asked as he looked at the report handed to him by an officer. The weapons are performed perfectly, and despite being boarded, no one had been killed though he did notice that Cortana had attached something extra to the report - a list of improvements to be made.

"Dealt with, Ambassador Zeno took care of the problem," said Cortana from her perch. "I've got a few ships outside checking the hull to see if that cruiser did any permanent damage, once we are done I think it'll be safe to begin our mission," she added.

Offline Slaskia

• Sangheili fanatic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2009, 12:26:31 PM »
“Take them to the brig for the time being,” Zeno replied, putting his swords away.  “Also get their full names and send them to the captain: I want to verify if these guys are on the crew roster or not.”  The majors of the guilty party started to protest, but Zeno raised a hand to silence them.  “You came to your senses yes, but you still raised your swords to allies.  Such an act cannot go without punishment.”  The group was lead away, the zealot, whom still looked angry, in restraints.

“Looks like I missed the party.”  Zeno turned to see Ambassador Johnson.  “Oh well, I want to have a word with you anyway, split-lip.”

“A word?”  Zeno said, smirking. “Whatever for?”

“That little stunt you pulled during the drill,”  Johnson growled.  “You do know I wasn’t on the official target list, hell I know you knew this!”

“I was just trying to make the drill a bit more realistic, Johnson.  Being political VIPs, we would be prime targets for a boarding party.  Considering we really did get boarded, things could have ended badly for you if it was a Brute that burst down your door rather then a marine with a paintball gun.”

Johnson opened his mouth, sputtered a few words, and then folded his arms in a huff.  “Fine.  But you owe me a new shirt.”

• Insane Story Writer
  • Administrator
  • Kawaii
  • Ryu of the Wilds
    • View Profile
    • Dyhokan Emporium
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2009, 01:59:37 AM »
"So, these are the rabble that caused that ruckus?" said Rasola as he stared at the security footage. All of the sangheili involved in the skirmish in the bay were locked up, though the zealot was proving to be a very big hassel. He had broken his restraints and was now trying rather hard to figure out a way out of the cell. "One thing I'm glad about is that we use energy force field now for the brig," he smiled.

He looked over his shoulder. "Inform Ambassador Zeno that we can hail the Shadow of Intent now, he can take the report in his office," he said.

"Not happening sir, though we have communications, we have gremlins in the system still - for some reason - we can only transmit from the bridge," said his communications officer.

Rasola sighed heavily and nodded. "Fine, tell the Ambassador to come to the bridge and make his report here. Amazed how that Zealot awoke, they aren't warriors for nothing," he rubbed his chin. "Better tell the Ambassador that the Zealot may prove to be a problem...." he tapped the screen.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 02:07:52 PM by Ryu »

Offline Slaskia

• Sangheili fanatic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2009, 02:26:49 PM »
“Ambassador.” Zeno turned to see one of the Sangheili from before.  “Here is the list of names of the warriors that caused the problem from earlier.”

“I could have sworn I informed you to give this report to the bridge,” Zeno said, accepting the pad.

“I tried, sir,” the warrior lowered his head.  “But there seems to be an error in the communications system.”

~Ambassador Zeno,~ Cortana’s voice said in his helmet.  ~The captain would like you to make your report on the bridge.~

“Technology…,” Zeno said with a sigh.  “What good is it if it does not work like it is supposed to?  Inform the captain I am on my way.”

~Acknowledged.  He also wanted me to tell you that zealot is causing trouble in his cell:  he’s been trying to break out.~

Zeno groaned.  “Have some armed guards at his cell incase he does manage it, with orders to shoot to kill.”

~Ambassador…~

“If he is trying to break out, he will no doubt end up hurting someone, if not kill, if he succeeds.  Better a rogue agent be slain than some innocent bystanders.”

~Understood, I’ll let the captain know.~

Zeno broke into an easy jog, reaching the bridge in moments.  “Ambassador Zeno ‘Ribal reporting as requested, captain,” he said, not even winded from his jog.  “I apologize for the delay in getting this to you due to…communications issues…but here is the list of names of the Sangheili that caused that ruckus in the hanger bay.” He held out the data pad to the captain.

• Insane Story Writer
  • Administrator
  • Kawaii
  • Ryu of the Wilds
    • View Profile
    • Dyhokan Emporium
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2009, 06:55:27 PM »
"Hmm...." Rasola looked at the report, he had cortana check the names against the crew roster - none of them matched. "No matches," he said. "So how the hell they get onboard?" he asked himself.

He pondered what to do next, then signaled his comm. officer to hail the Shadow of Intent. "Feel free to make your report, since they aren't apart of this crew, I'm sure the shipmaster will be curious. I want everyone off this bridge, Cortana, I want privacy mode active got it?" he told her.

Cortana folded her arms over her chest and sighed. "Privacy mode is active," she said as the holotank went dark. Everyone but Rasola left the bridge. "Go ahead," he told Zeno.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 07:42:55 PM by Ryu »

Offline Slaskia

• Sangheili fanatic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2009, 10:24:26 AM »
“Commander, this is SpecOps Sub-Commander Zeno ‘Ribal,” Zeno started.  “And I need to report a little problem we have encountered.”

~What problem is this, Zeno?~  Rtas replied, a curious tone in his voice.

“A small group of Sangheili turned hostile in the immediate aftermath of the Brute boarding event:  they took offense to one of our pilots accidently damaging your ship during the incident.  Quite a standoff ensued.  I was able to talk down all but their leader, a field master whom shared some of the ideals of a certain now deceased Sangheili pirate we love to hate.  I had to…Use some physical persuasion to end the conflict without bloodshed.  I just found out that none of this group is even on our crew manifest.”

~I see.  Interesting.  What are their names?~  Zeno read off the list of names to him and there was a moment of silence before Rtas replied.  ~These Sangheili have been blacklisted from serving on any ship due to their views, the zealot especially.  In fact, his records show he was scheduled to be removed from active military service permanently.  The other four are still under review.~

“That explains why he is now so desperate to get out of the holding cell we put him in.”  Zeno said with a faint growl, looking at the security camera footage.  “I took the necessary precautions and ordered a couple of guards to his cell with the appropriate orders should he succeed in breaking out.  However, I am honestly not comfortable in keeping him on this ship, and I am certain Captain Rasola is not either.  With the mission we are on, it would not do to have rogue agents onboard.”

~Agreed.~  The shipmaster agreed.  ~I would recommend you transfer that lot to the Shadow of Intent: we will deal with them appropriately here.  I will also get an investigation started on how they slipped on board.~

“Likewise, commander.  I will see to their transfer within the hour.”

~I will eagerly await their arrival, sub-commander.  Rtas out.~[/i]

Zeno breathed a heavy sigh, then turned to the captain.  “Is our medical bay equipped with sedatives?  I do not want to take a chance with that zealot causing trouble in transit.”

• Insane Story Writer
  • Administrator
  • Fate, Fight!
  • Ryu of the Wilds
    • View Profile
    • Dyhokan Emporium
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2009, 12:16:17 AM »
Rasola looked off to his right and at an officer; who double checked on what the Ambassador had said. "We have sedatives, we don't know what they'd do to a Sangheili physiology - as they were designed for ODST's who had seen to much combat," said the officer.

"Not to mention, these are the kind that are normally used when the patient is being retrained, we don't have any that are fired from a weapon. So you'd have to get right up close to him and then inject him, and I doubt he'd be willing to just stand there," said the Captain before Cortana's image appeared on the holotank.

"You could always just shook him temporarily, I do remember reading some of the old combat reports where shock therapy works rather well to stop intruders. Though when applied to grunts, their methane tanks usually popped," she said with a smile.

The captain pondered about something and brought one of the cells screens online; it showed two uggoy who were hysterical and trying to convince the ODST there to let them out - said ODST looked like he was about to open fire on them.

With a heavy sigh Cortana switched off to take care of other things. Rasola just shook his head before having his communications officer inform the Starboard Phantom bay that they were going to be receiving prisoners soon and to have a Phantom ready to go. He wanted to make certain their guests didn't get free, so he assigned a squad of ODSTs to help out. "Careful with this one Ambassador, as much as I... dislike.. your kind, I dislike this one even more," he glared at the screen that showed the Zealot - who had caused just enough damage to the force field that Cortana was forced to send a small jolt through it, causing the Zealot to become slightly dazed.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 12:55:28 PM by Ryu »

Offline Slaskia

• Sangheili fanatic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2009, 01:05:54 PM »
“I appreciate your concern, captain,”  Zeno said with a sigh.  “As for your concern with the sedatives, I have some…Personal…Experience with those, so I have some idea on how well they work on my kind.”  Provided one the ones I was hit with were not made especially for a Sangheili, he thought to himself as he left the bridge, remembering the events of Truy V all too clearly:  that time will likely never fade from his mind.  A part of him doubted that though, considering hew as likely the first Sangheili prisoner in that horrid place. He shook the memories out of his mind:  now was not the time to ponder about the past.

He stopped by medical bay, which had a mix of human and Sangheili medics.  “I need three doses of your sedatives,” he said.

“Three, sir?  What for?”  one of the medics asked as he immediate started to prepare them for him.

“To sedate an aggressive Sangheili so we can transport him to the Shadow of Intent.”

“Are you certain it will knock him out sufficiently for the time it will take to move him?”

“It took three doses to knock me out once while I was in a similarly aggressive state and I was out for a couple hours at least.”  Though I was rather thin and malnourished then, he thought. “On second thought, hook me up with four, to be on the safe side.”

“If you say so, sir.”

Once he had the sedatives, he went to the brig, where a squad of ODSTs was there waiting for him.  “Here.”  He gave the needles to one of the ODSTs.  “When I have him restrained, jab him with three of those.  Aim for the neck.”

“What about his shields, sir?” The ODST asked.

“Do not worry; I will make sure they are down.”  Then he handed his sword hilts to another ODST.  “Hold on to these for me: we do not want him getting a hold of them during the struggle.”

“So you are going to just go in there and grab him?”

“Pretty much.”

The approached the cell, where the zealot was glaring at him menacingly.  “What is the matter, vileu?  Do not think you can take me on again without backup?” he growled.

“If I was going to kill you, then no I would not need help,” Zeno said smoothly.  “I am just going to put you to sleep for a bit.”

The zealot bristled a bit.  “Like to see you try!”

“Oh I will.  Cortana?”

Getting what he was planning, Cortana sent more power to the forcefield.  Since the zealot’s snout was almost right up against it, he got a nice jolt.  A millisecond later, she disabled the field and Zeno sprang and grabbed him while the zealot was still dazed.

The zealot, though briefly dazed, still managed to put up a good struggle, knocking Zeno about.  Finally though, Zeno was able to put him in pretzel hold:  his legs wrapped around the zealot’s legs and his arms doing the same to the zealot’s arms from behind.  “Jab him!”

Two ODSTs came forward.  One grabbed the zealot by the head and pulled it to once side, though he nearly got bitten in the process.  The other took the needles Zeno gave him and injected their contents into the zealot’s neck, three of them as he was instructed.  Now it was just a matter of holding on until they took effect, if they took effect.  If not, Zeno was in the right position to put a sleeper hold on him if needed.

Fortunately, that was not needed.  It took several minutes to do the adrenaline running through his veins, but the zealot finally went to sleep.  Still, Zeno waited until he was absolutely sure the Sangheili was out cold before letting go.  “Put a couple of restraints on him and transport him to the pelican.”  He said.  “Give that last syringe to one of the guards with instructions to use it on him if he starts to stir before they dock at he Shadow of Intent.”

“Aye, sir.”